Friday, April 17, 2009

Charmony Designs Artisan Jewelry


Hi! My name is Char. This is the first post of what I hope to be many enjoyable hours posting and sharing thoughts on the harmony of being in the moment of creating something beautiful. I am excited to document my journey through setting up of my etsy shop, learning about marketing, building a jewelry studio in my basement and just living life. Along the way I look forward to meeting new people.


I have always enjoyed creating things as long as I can remember. As a curious and active child of 5 my mother taught me to embroider (to keep me still, and out of trouble). She would trace pictures from my coloring books onto muslin blocks and I would embroider the outlines with bright colors of string. Years later my grandmother sent me a beautiful handmade quilt. Imagine my suprise when I recognized all the little blocks of fabric with cute little pictures hand embroidered...by me! Realizing I had helped in creating that beautiful quilt filled me with such joy. I still cherish that quilt and the lesson of pride I learned that year. May I pass it forward...


So, here is to a new journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment