Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cat Days of Summer...where did they go?

Ah, the blissful days of summer. It does not seem so long ago when I enjoyed my summers basking in the warm sun, or the calming effect of digging in the soil as I gardened, followed by ending the day sitting on the patio, sipping tea, watching the sun go down as the crickets chirped to a relaxing beat. Much like my cat does now!

This year summer has been more like a marathon. It began with my free time focused on learning the marketing aspects of the internet and how to create a blog. I was so excited to see my blog up and running! I became involved in several Etsy teams and found new friends and exciting new ideas. Then suddenly I was blessed with a brand new grandson, my first!

Lost was the focus on the internet and all the new things I wanted to learn. I had a better focus….holding that special little gift from God, experiencing the enveloping love of being a grandmother, and the joy of watching little London grow. The first time he smiled in recognition of my face was heaven on Earth. His first giggle was like the sound of angels in song. Lost in time and pure joy, was I, as the weeks passed.

Coming back down to Earth I set myself once again to creating my jewelry and refocused on my Etsy shop. Then came an invitation to participate in the Craft Lake City show here in Salt Lake City. So I reserved a space and set my creative juices to designing a table display, creating signs, business cards and all the things one needs to have to do a show. Thus the marathon began.

I had a fun time selling at the Craft Lake City show and gleamed more requests to participate in other upcoming events. Sales were great, new friends were made and now I am off and running to prepare for two more events when my arms are not curled around my little London.

No basking in the sun. Gardening…well there is always next summer. Crickets…I can still hear them from the open window in the evening as I twist my wire and sort through my gemstones. This summer may have seemed to go fast, but it was enjoyable. Next year I hope to find that delicate balance between the cat days of summer and the marathon…time with my grandson, tending my garden, playing in the sun, creating my jewelry, selling and meeting new friends and a big cup of tea on the patio to ponder the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment