Thursday, March 18, 2010

How to Add a Signature to Your Blog Post

This morning I woke up with the burning desire to once again learn the art of blogging. It only seems like a natural flow since I love reading blogs soooo much. I have met some of the most talented and friendly people in my blog travels. They have taught me much about myself, my craft and the joy of sharing thoughts.

My first goal is to update my blog, give it a new look. I was so darned excited when I learned how to start it, (one year ago) but then got selfish with my time. If I have a spare minute I am at my jewelry table twisting wire and creating jewelry or searching the web to learn new techniques. This led me to develop an interest in making PMC pieces and I'm intrigued with the possibility of adding polymer clay to pieces, or even making my own beads and pendants. I have much practice and learning to do in those mediums so it will be awhile before those pieces make it to may Etsy shop, or the art shows.

Back to updating my blog. Much work to do. I decided to start with learning how to add a signature to my posts. It took several attempts, but the lesson was learned. Now this may not seem a big thing to most of you, but to this baby blogger it was an exciting achievement!

I used MyLiveSignture to create the signature and generate an HTML. You create an account with MyLive Signature here: http://www.mylivesignature.com/ and follow the instructions.

  1. Click on the Start Now tab.
  2. Choose Create a Signature, type your name in the box and go to the next step.
  3. Sroll through and choose a font. At the top you can see there are buttons for several pages of fonts to chooose from. Choose your font and move to the next step.
  4. Choose the size you would like.
  5. Select a background color and a font color.
  6. Choose the angle you prefer and on to the next step.
  7. Click on "Want to use this signature?" and on the next page choose "Generate HTML code" and then "Generate a code for my handwritten signature".
  8. Copy the generated code.
  9. Log into your blog, go to settings and then to the formating tab.
  10. Scroll to the bottom to the Post template and past our HTML code in the box. (below the code is a few lines of type that I found did not belong..."Read more....." I deleted those lines from the code in my template before saving)

1 comment:

  1. I used this tool several times but so far I was unable to figure out how to add an image to a signature. I have seen so many signatures with beautiful images and wish if I could also create like those.
    digital signature software

    ReplyDelete